Course in Spa Reception
The Isa Carstens Academy’s course in Spa Reception offers the ideal opportunity for those who want to pursue a career in the health and wellness industry. The course provides a thorough understanding of the practice of front desk communication and administration in a salon and spa environment, while equipping you with selected practical skills in the fields of make-up, waxing, and nail care.
All in all, this course will develop your entrepreneurial skills – enabling you to set up your own business, whichever path you wish to pursue.
Duration: 1 year
- Front Desk Administration
- Client Service and Ethics
- Business Numeracy and Basic Accounting
- Business Communication
Students must select two of the following modules, but also have the option of selecting all four:
- Make-up (including Tint and Shape)
- Manicure and Pedicure (pre-requisite for Nail Technology)
- Nail Technology
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 40% in the language of learning and teaching;
- National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4, with compliance with the language of learning and teaching in the higher education institution.
8 Skills you will learn
- Take shared responsibility for the execution of front desk communication and administrative functions in a salon and spa environment.
- Support a professional team at a salon or spa in the capacity of administrative and/or office assistant.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff and management.
- Demonstrate correct reception techniques.
- Work effectively in a team or group in a salon or spa environment.
- Understand basic business concepts and the business environment.
- Perform selected practical services.