Spa Reception Course
This programme does not lead to a qualification on the NQF framework
1 Year, Full-time
The Isa Carstens Academy’s course in Spa Reception offers the ideal opportunity for those who want to pursue a career in the health and wellness industry. The course provides a thorough understanding of the practice of front desk communication and administration in a salon and spa environment, while equipping you with selected practical skills in the fields of make-up, waxing, and nail care.
All in all, this course will develop your entrepreneurial skills – enabling you to set up your own business, whichever path you wish to pursue.
- Take shared responsibility for the execution of front desk communication and administrative functions in a salon and spa environment.
- Support a professional team at a salon or spa in the capacity of administrative and/or office assistant.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff and management.
- Demonstrate correct reception techniques.
- Work effectively in a team or group in a salon or spa environment.
- Understand basic business concepts and the business environment.
- Perform selected practical services.
- Front Desk Administration
- Client Service and Ethics
- Business Numeracy and Basic Accounting
- Business Communication
Students must select two of the following modules, but also have the option of selecting all four:
- Make-up (including Tint and Shape)
- Manicure and Pedicure (pre-requisite for Nail Technology)
- Nail Technology
- Swedish Body Massage
National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 40% in the language of learning and teaching;
National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4, with compliance with the language of learning and teaching in the higher education institution.
Information is correct at the time of publishing and is subject to change. Your booking will be confirmed once your full payment have been received. Course fees are non-refundable. We look forward to welcoming you at the Isa Carstens Academy.