Laser and Light Therapies
Certificate of Competence
You study at your own pace – estimate time for completion: 3 Months
Isa Carstens Academy Stellenbosch & Pretoria Campuses (practical components)
Your own black top, pants and comfortable shoes
The Isa Carstens Academy has been offering exceptional training in the Health and Skin Care Industry for over 40 years. The programme consists of three parts:
- A four-week online short course.
- Hands-on practical sessions with various laser and light therapy devices.
- Submission of a portfolio of evidence.
In 2017, the global wellness economy was worth $4.2 trillion. Personal Care, Beauty and Anti-Ageing forms the largest segment, at $1.035 billion. As a technology driven industry, elevating your skills to include the latest technologies in this segment is a critical success factor to ensure effective client results that will set you apart from the competition. We recommend that you complete this course along with our Advanced Diploma in Dermal Aesthetics, also a distance learning programme for the qualified Somatologist.
- In-depth knowledge of the structures and functioning of the skin.
- Understand the science and physics behind laser and light technologies.
- An in-depth understanding of the physiological tissue interactions when laser and light technologies are applied to the skin.
- Form a generic understanding of the various laser and light therapy devices available in the industry, allowing you to make informed decisions when investing in the technology.
- Safe protocols and user techniques that are paramount for effective outcomes.
- Confidence in using the technology to be workplace ready immediately to ensure operational success of your business.
- Laser and light therapies covered include: lasers used in the aesthetic industry, Intense Pulsed Light, Light Emitting Diodes, Radio Frequency.
- To protect yourself and your clients/patients by applying safe and effective treatment parameters.
- To provide you with certification from a credible private training institute, provider registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- Qualified Somatologists and therapists.
- Medical practitioners interested in investing in laser and light technologies in their practice.
- Entrepreneurs wanting to invest in laser and light technologies.
Qualified therapist or relevant industry experience.
You study at your own pace, Estimate time for completion 3 Months.
Step 1: Theory component, start any time.
Step 2: Practical component, dates to be confirmed.
Step 3: Submission of portfolio – to be submitted one month after completion of practical component.
The tuition fee of R 7 000.00 is payable immediately upon online registration. Fees include your learning manual, practical training and assessment.
Information is correct at the time of publishing and is subject to change. Your booking will be confirmed once your full payment has been received. Course fees are non-refundable. We look forward to welcoming you at the Isa Carstens Academy.