The trillion-dollar wellness industry is one of the fastest growing fields as people are looking for a better quality of health, and safer and more effective ways to take care of their skin, body and health. Hence, the demand for well-qualified and multi-skilled therapists is increasing in South Africa and abroad.
Career Development Services is an industry specific recruitment agency located at the Stellenbosch campus, which services both campuses’ students in finding gainful employment upon graduation. The service provided extends throughout the career of the therapist and supports the therapist in finding new exciting positions as and when required. See positions currently available on our database and submit your CV if something is of interest.
The agency is well established and has considerable ties with industry employers both large and small, nationally and internationally. An extensive list of job opportunities is therefore available to students, with employers typically including:
- Medical aesthetic practices (working for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, general practitioners or other medical professionals)
- Sales Rep/Product Trainers
- Wellness centres (hydros, spas, hotels, salons)
- Cosmetic houses (trainers or sales representatives)
- The retail environment
- Academic institutions, such as the Isa Carstens Academy
- Game Reserve Lodge Spa positions as Spa Manager/Spa Therapist – packages includes accommodation, meals etc
- Spa/Salon Therapists
- Spa/Salon Managers
- Spa Operations Supervisors positions overseas
- Spa/Salon Receptionists/Administrators/Front of House
- Skin Coach/Therapists – Product house companies, doing facials mostly and retail sales of skincare products
- Field Sales Managers for Beauty Products (positions overseas)
- Nail Technicians
- Salon/Spa Supervisors/Receptionists positions overseas
- Beauty Trainer Managers positions overseas
- IPL/Laser Managers/Therapists
- Retail Sales Managers for Product Houses
- Many therapists also open their own businesses or become managers of wellness establishment
Have a position available?
If you’re an employer currently seeking qualified individuals, please register as an employer in order to submit the particulars of the available position.
Contact the Career Development Centre
Aan de Gragt Building,
First Floor, 5 Plein Street,
33º 56′ 14.47″S 18º 51′ 36.93″E
P.O. Box 149, Stellenbosch, 7014
Mondays to Thursdays: 8am – 5pm
Fridays: 8am – 4pm
We are not open on weekends.