Good, Better or the Best Beauty Schools in South Africa
Unless you’ve been living with your head buried in the sand like an ostrich – and you most certainly have not done so – you know only too well that education and a recognised qualification is essential in today’s highly competitive, specialised world of careers.
This insistence on training and qualifications applies to virtually every field and each industry in South Africa, from farming to food preparation, IT to interior design and butter production to beauty. It follows that you’ll want to identify the best South African schools, universities or colleges at which to obtain a tertiary qualification.
Almost every year, there are new inventions, more scientific discoveries, advanced techniques, better therapies and improved products in the ever-growing beauty industry. Only the best, reputable beauty schools in South Africa are able to offer the latest treatments.
Some South African colleges and universities offer numerous educational and training programmes for a variety of disciplines at one campus, while other institutes and schools specialise exclusively in one particular field, to which they dedicate all their teaching resources and efforts.
One of the Best
Our tertiary educational facility, Isa Carstens Academy, is without a doubt, one of the top specialist institutes and one of the best beauty schools in South Africa.
- The first Isa Carstens Academy was founded in 1978. We’re well established and have a stellar reputation of which we’re justifiably proud, and it has been built and consistently nurtured since those early days.
- Our founder, Isa, spent her life dedicated to her cause and passion – establishing, growing and improving the standard of beauty therapy in South Africa, while improving her own knowledge and education locally and internationally, throughout her life.
- Our school offers two courses, one in Spa Reception and the other in Somatology**.
- We were the first CIDESCO-accredited beauty education facility in South Africa, thanks to the quality of our programmes.
- Isa Carstens Academy is registered with the Department of Education and Training as a Higher Education Institution, in accordance with the relevant act.
- We have two excellent campuses, one in Pretoria and another in the Cape – the home of our first beauty school.
- Close to each facility, we offer convenient, live-in student accommodation. Although not identical, each housing complex is designed and equipped to ensure that our students have access to everything they need in order to feel at home, be safe, secure, fed (optional), comfy and at ease, while focussing on their studies and training.
Although somatology includes beauty treatments and therapies, it is more complex and involves far more. Somatology has been described as “the study or science of the human body as a branch of anthropology”.
In turn, anthropology refers to the “study of various aspects of humans” – past and present. Anthropology has various fields or branches:
- Biological or physical – the field most applicable to somatology
Somatology also incorporates the following holistic therapies:
- Stress management
- Massage therapy
- Skin and body care
- Overall health and wellness
We invite you take a look at our Spa Reception and Somatology course curricula to see for yourself how truly comprehensive our programmes are at Isa Carstens Academy, and why we can confidently lay claim to being one of the best beauty schools in South Africa.