Where to work?
The trillion-dollar wellness industry is one of the fastest growing fields as people are looking for a better quality of health, and safer and more effective ways to take care of their skin, body and health. Hence, the demand for well-qualified therapists is increasing in South Africa and abroad.
Careers with Somatology Diploma
The Academy assists students to find work opportunities through its recruitment office. An extensive list of job opportunities is available to students. Many therapists also open their own businesses or become managers of wellness establishments.
Employers typically include:
- Cosmetic houses (trainers or sales representatives)
- Wellness centres (hydros, spas, hotels)
- Luxury passenger cruise liners
- Medical aesthetic practices (working for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, general practitioners or other medical professionals)
- The retail environment
- Training, academic and research institutions, such as the Isa Carstens® Academy.